By now, we all know that self-care is essential. Not only for your sanity, but for life in general. It’s literally taking care of yourself. Loving yourself. Being kind to yourself. Giving yourself a break. Mind, body, and soul.
Self-care has many benefits. Benefits include: happiness, a true sense of self, self-worth, high self-esteem, an increase in productivity, a boost in the immune system, and plenty to give to others.
Sadly, many people do not practice self-care and that’s very detrimental to their health as well as the people around them. It can lead to burnout, stress, fatigue, low self-esteem, poor sleeping habits, poor concentration, and poor eating habits.
The article found here lists ways that people can quickly begin to practice self-care. However, there are so many other ways to achieve a greater connection with yourself.
Other self-care methods include:
- Change hair; cut/color/style
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Try yoga
- Go to the gym
- Eat clean
- Take a day off just because
- Go to the spa (massage, sauna)
- Start a journal, be consistent
- Fast from social media for 24-48 hours
- Repeat positive affirmations
- Play video games, 1-2 hours a day
- Binge a Netflix or Hulu show
- Complete an art project, painting/pottery/photos/etc.
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle, 1000 pcs or more
- Get lost in a great book and write a review
- Listen to podcasts
- Take a walk through nature
- Do nothing, ALL. DAY!
- Have a meal with an old friend
- Pray or meditate, every day
- Take a vacation/road trip/long weekend
- Listen to music
- Dance like nobody is watching
- Attend therapy regularly
- Watch children play
- Connect with nature
- Go for a swim
Taking care of yourself ensures that you present the best version of yourself to yourself and others. Imagine how much more you’d enjoy life if self-care were a regular part of your daily routine.
Remember: Don’t ever be afraid to love on yourself! It’s not selfish, it’s self-care. ❤
What are some of your favorite ways to practice self-care? Comment below.