I saw this on FB and thought… I wonder how many parents feel this way sometimes? 🤔
- When you just want a single minute to yourself to just think and remember your own name… 😑😩
- When you truly love your children, but you can’t use the restroom in peace… 🤦🏾♀️
- When you are glad your baby learned to walk, but you can’t shower without them busting in… 🙎🏾♀️
- When you will feed them in just a minute, but the bathroom is slightly more important right now b/c your bladder is full… 😳😳
- When you just laid down to take a nap, but your 4th grader’s homework is a bit challenging…
- When you can’t wait to sleep in on Saturday, but your baby’s foot just hit you in the nose and its 7am… 😏
- When you take 5 extra minutes to get another wink of sleep, but your 10-year-old is calling you to make their lunch… 😩
So, I ask you… how many of you all retreat to the bathroom to rethink your lives? 😂😂 Just kidding!
I’m not judging you if you hide from your children to get a bit of peace from time to time. I am sure, as parents, you all do at some point and I don’t want you to feel guilty if you do.
Just as with anything else, we all need a break sometimes b/c life can be overwhelming and stressful no matter how together you think you have it.
Just remember: You can’t pour from an empty cup. Taking care of yourself isn’t selfish. 🙌🏾🙌🏾