Abortions. A hot button topic. There are pro-lifers who believe that a fetus at whatever timeframe spent in the womb, it’s a baby with rights and the mother doesn’t have a right to terminate that baby under any circumstances.
Then, there are pro-choicers. They believe a woman has the right to choose what to do with HER body. Not the government. Not her parents. Not her husband, boyfriend, or whomever. The baby isn’t a baby until the fetus/embryo reaches a certain point in the womb. SHE makes the choice on whether to keep or terminate the pregnancy!
However, what happens when the woman is raped or there’s incest? Does the woman have a right to choose what to do with HER body then or are people stepping in to make that decision too? It doesn’t matter what happened b/c Alabama made the choice for you! Article here.
- The Alabama Senate approved a measure on Tuesday that would outlaw almost all abortions in the state, setting up a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade, the case that recognized a woman’s constitutional right to end a pregnancy.
- The legislation bans abortions at every stage of pregnancy and criminalizes the procedure for doctors, who could be charged with felonies and face up to 99 years in prison.
- It includes an exception for cases when the mother’s life is at serious risk, but not for cases of rape or incest.
- The House approved the measure last month. It now moves to the desk of Gov. Kay Ivey, a Republican, who signed the bill.
- Opponents have vowed to challenge the measure in federal court if it becomes law. Even the legislation’s supporters expect that a lower court will block the measure.
- Mr. Johnston, who drafted the Alabama bill and sees himself as a purist on the abortion issue, said he did not support the spate of restrictive legislation that other states have enacted in recent months, including so-called fetal heartbeat bills.
- These bills essentially ban abortions after a heartbeat is detected, usually about six weeks into pregnancy, a time when many women do not yet know they are pregnant.
- The Senate gallery was full before and at times they laughed when male lawmakers spoke about pregnancy and other female health issues.
- Senator Clyde Chambliss, a Republican and sponsor of the bill in the Senate, defended the omission of those exceptions. “When God creates the miracle of life inside a woman’s womb,” he said, “it is not our place as human beings to extinguish that life.”
Already, the governors of Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Ohio have signed fetal heartbeat bills. And Arkansas moved up the cutoff point for legal abortions to 18 weeks of pregnancy, from 20 weeks.
In the past, state lawmakers imposed a 48-hour waiting period for abortions; mandated that women receive counseling before undergoing the procedure; and required minors to receive consent from a parent or legal guardian to have an abortion.
You can read the rest of the article, link posted above.
A Rant in my Spirit:
You, men in the Senate, don’t get to decide what a woman does with her body or her baby! Period!
You don’t know what it’s like to carry a child, a whole ass human being, in your body nor what it takes to deliver a whole baby, so how you get to choose what a woman can and can’t do when it comes to her pregnancy, her body?
I don’t understand how a room full of men, who know nothing about wombs, ovulation, cramps, labor, chemical changes, pregnancy, menstruation, or mother/child anything… can have the unmitigated gall to make this choice.
How does something like this happen?!
To the women who are cosigning, signed this trash… Eff you, too! As women you should know what it feels like… oh, but wait… you don’t know.
Know why they don’t know?! B/c they are so far removed from the hard knock life where a woman has been raped or a woman has been molested… b/c it never happened to them. Got it!
Wow! Just… wow!
This bill, law, whatever is disgusting and I hope that somehow, someway… it backfires on every person that signed it.
A Word of Advice:
Really, this is going to be short and sweet b/c it’s a lesson they should have learned as teenagers…
Don’t speak on what you don’t know!
As many people often wonder why women even choose to get an abortion. Like, what drives them to make that choice❓ How come they don’t just have the children that they lay down and make, right❓
Well, the answer is below:
🗣Let that marinate‼
What we need to be focused on tho… is:
I really want to know how this happened❓ 🤨🤨🤨
Especially when schools are being shot up damn near EVERY WEEK, yet these white men and some women, want to control a uterus, womb, birth canal… STOP IT‼
Control these guns and then control your need to be up in a woman’s uterus where your pointy ass nose doesn’t belong. 😒😠