It’s Thanksgiving Time!!
This means that the family comes together to eat, fellowship, and watch football. Well, you can miss me with that last part… sports isn’t my thing anymore. But the indifference to sports doesn’t negate the fact that I love when my family comes together… and the FOOD!
My faves are macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and chicken wings or meatballs or fried turkey. This particular year, mom had some seafood just to switch it up a bit.
That chocolate cake back there… let’s just say it was a problem. I couldn’t stop eating it!
There are three realizations here:
- I have a lot to be thankful for. I am truly blessed.
- My family throws down in the kitchen.
- Shoutout to TW for the chocolate cake… I still remember!
What I’m Thankful For:
- My family (even Yanna… Hahaha!)
- My relationship with God/Faith
- My friends
- My soRHOrs! EEE-YIP! Just in case you were wondering. 🙂
- Writing (for this blog and my other projects)
- Listening to podcasts (there are many great ones out there!)
- Traveling (when I get to)
- My independence
- Being in good health
- Having a steady income/health insurance
- The Gift of Life
- Good FOOD!
The holidays can send some people in a downward spiral due to grief and loss, seasonal depression, or even their current circumstances. A little reminder can trigger someone; a smell, a certain food, a date, a birthday, a memory… anything!
Just remember, to check in on those friends and family members during the holiday season b/c not everyone is happy during this time, for one reason or another.
In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, what are you grateful and thankful for? Comment below.