By now, we all know that self-care is essential. Not only for your sanity during the TTC process, but in life in general. It’s literally taking care of yourself. Loving yourself. Being kind to yourself. Giving yourself a break. Mind, body, and soul.
Self-care has many benefits. Benefits include: happiness, true sense of self, self-worth, high self-esteem, increase in productivity, boost in immune system, and plenty to give to others.
Sadly, many people do not practice self-care and that’s very detrimental to their health as well as the people around them. It can lead to burn out, stress, fatigue, low self-esteem, poor sleeping habits, poor concentration, and poor eating habits.
The article found here lists ways that people can quickly began to practice self-care. However, there are so many other ways to achieve a greater connection with yourself.
Other self-care methods include:
- Change hair; cut/color/style
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Try yoga
- Go to the gym
- Eat clean
- Take a day off just because
- Go to the spa (massage, sauna)
- Start a journal, be consistent
- Fast from social media for 24-48 hours
- Repeat positive affirmations
- Play video games, 1-2 hours a day
- Binge a Netflix or Hulu show
- Complete an art project, painting/pottery/photos/etc.
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle, 1000 pcs or more
- Get lost in a great book and write a review
- Listen to podcasts
- Take a walk through nature
- Do nothing, all day
- Have a meal with an old friend
- Pray or meditate, every day
- Take a vacation/road trip/long weekend
- Listen to music
- Dance like nobody is watching
- Attend therapy regularly
- Watch children play
- Connect with nature
- Go for a swim
Taking care of yourself ensures that you present the best version of yourself to yourself and others. Imagine how much more you’d enjoy life if self-care were a regular part of your daily routine.
Remember: Don’t ever be afraid to love on yourself! It’s not selfish, it’s self-care.
What are some ways that you choose to practice self-care? Does it change once you have children? Comment below.